Are you prepared to Mind the Gap?
Financial planning is the story of your life. Financial planning helps define the Gap. What do we mean by the Gap? The Gap is the space between where you are now and where you want to be. It is a space of possibilities available to you and your family. Financial planning works best with people who are willing to learn, grow, and take action to recognize and confront the Gap.
Most of our clients are affluent or semi-affluent individuals, families, and businesses who desire ongoing professional assistance and coaching in the creation and implementation of strategies to pursue their life goals, as they may exist now or develop in the future.
We realize that our service is not right for everyone. Over the years, we have found that our firm works most effectively with people who share some of the following characteristics:
- An open mind and a willingness to creatively brainstorm with us—to engage in a continuing dialogue about the goals that drive their life values
- Recognition that we do not have all the answers, and that financial planning and asset management, like life, are really not an exact science
- Realistic objectives and a willingness to communicate those expectations to our firm clearly
- A willingness to accept the investment returns offered in the market, recognizing that there is no foolproof way to beat the market, time the market, or achieve above-average performance
- Sufficient trust in us and our guidance so they commit to ignoring all financial noise and garbage (CNBC, financial magazines, well-intended co-workers, friends, relatives, and neighbors)
- A commitment to hold up their end of the relationship by delivering financial information and completing the necessary tasks in a timely manner
- A desire to have a financial plan that organizes their financial lives, and which uses their human and financial capital to create a result that helps them achieve their goals.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt, first lady 1933-1945