What is financial planning?
Most successful people have one thing in common: they want to get more out of their lives, and they don't want to spend their time doing things they aren't interested in or good at.
Our firm specializes in taking care of the mundane, routine chores that arise from your chosen path. We also specialize in helping people make small changes that contribute to significant changes in the future.
Recommendations, strategies, and management are made made only after a thorough examination and evaluation of a client's financial situation.
The specific reason or reasons that brought you here will probably be addressed first. As a part of that solution process, we will take a broader look at other aspects of your financial life. When we see potential issues, we will discuss them with you. We will discuss solutions, timelines, and ways to proceed with whatever option you choose
The evaluation is broken down into several well-defined areas:
- Financial assessment — we will create a cash flow and new worth statement
- Retirement planning — we will create a projection of the future at-retirement value of your taxable investments, pensions, IRAs, and expected social security benefits
- Portfolio builidng and investment anaylysis — we will review all of your investments and provide recommendations among different types of assets with a view toward pursuing your financial planning objectives
- Insurance planning — we will review your life and disability insurance coverage, property and casualty insurance, and long- term care insurance, where appropriate
- Tax Planning (with an assessment of income and estate taxes)
- Estate Planning (with an assessment of the need for an updates will, trusts and trust services, and advice on charitable gifting)
- Education funding (if applicable) — we will project the cost of one or more child's education and look for appropriate ways to pay for it
"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt, first lady 1933-1945